Thursday, May 30, 2013

Positivity



I wanted to talk about positivity today. Now, don’t run away immediately. There’s nothing I hate more than people who say that I need to be more positive. I’ve heard all about how positive thinking creates a positive reality, and I don’t buy it. It’s come to my attention that I, along with most people, don’t just let moments be what they are. When you’re sad, you should cry. When you’re angry, you should find a private place to scream, but finally, when you have something to be happy about, don’t overthink it. I find myself overthinking things too often. If I find something or someone who makes me happy, I’m always anticipating and assuming that something is about to make it all go wrong. I never allow myself to just be happy in the moment. Maybe that’s what we all miss out on: the moment. Every moment is one that you’ll never get back. Embrace what good is in your life and simply experience it without ever worrying about if it could come crashing down around you because if you don’t, it will pass you by, and all you’ll be left with is a lot of worry and regret. Trust me. I know. I’ve always tried to map out my life until recently. If something didn’t go exactly how I planned it, I freaked out. Last year, I came to the realization that my plan was one that was never going to come true. It was too late for whatever happily ever after I had cooked up in my head, and whatever happily ever after I could have had passed me by because I was too stuck in what ought to be to see the wonderful things that were. No more. I plan to soak up every moment, even the bad ones. We only get one life and one moment at a time. There are just too few to waste, so I say that you shouldn’t strive to be positive, but instead try your best to feel and be present in every moment of your life. At least that’s what I’m going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment