Friday, May 17, 2013

Using Negativity


            Have you ever had one of those days when everything goes wrong? You know, that day when you step outside and suddenly it begins to pour, or maybe that day when you realize that someone who is supposed to be your friend is trying to sabotage you. Yeah, without being too specific, let’s just say that I’m right there. Yesterday was great, but I suppose it would have been too much to ask for that vibe to continue. Oh, well. I think I’ll throw all of this negative energy into something that I can turn into a positive. That’s the great thing about writing. Are you feeling happy? Well, today is the perfect day to write that comedy scene that you’ve been trying to write. Are you feeling romantic? Write a scene that shows how people should love each other. Then, there are the bad feelings. Are you feeling hurt or betrayed? Maybe you feel like you could kill someone or maybe you even want to cry. That’s perfect. You can artificially create comedy and even romance from time to time, but you can’t fake pain. There is just something so freeing about taking everything that you feel inside and placing it on a piece of paper and then letting it go. I think people can see that pain, too. That pain might be the best part of your book, and putting it into your book might just save your life. I don’t really know what the point of this blog was. I started off writing because I was mad, but now I have direction. I guess if I had to give this entry purpose, it would have to be to say one simple thing. Don’t ever let your world, or some of the people in it, make your actions negative. Use all of that pain and turn it into fuel to do whatever you love better because nothing is better than using someone’s doubt about you to prove them wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment