Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Understanding



I’m proud to say that I’m just finishing up with editing my second book in the “Wrong” series, Wrong Time. Yes, I’m going to insert a shameless promotional picture of it in this blog, too. Don’t worry, though. That’s not all I wanted to say today. I wanted to talk about something that is a mystery to most people. Most men don’t know anything about what women want, and the truth is that most women don’t know a thing about what men want. Even as I write this, I find that I am still very clueless about many things about the opposite sex. Men and women think very differently, after all. I suppose my confusion is normal in some areas. This is what I have gathered, though. We think different, and physically we are different. In spite of that, I think that we both want the same things. We just want them in different ways. When a woman truly falls in love with you, you’re probably being that nice guy who only sees her. You pay attention to her needs, do things for her just because, and you’re passionate about her in a way that most people believe to be unsustainable. I think that women want you to be this man always. They fell in love with him, and when you’re passion and effort leaves the relationship, that’s when her love for you starts to fade. Some people say that the passionate part of a relationship is the infancy of a relationship. I disagree. Every day that you’re with the person you love, you should try to show them how you feel about them. You should also feel lucky to be with them. Many people never find anyone who is as great as the person you have. If you can’t love her and make her as big of a priority as you did when you were still young, you have to question what you are doing, and even more, she has to question what she is doing with you. In the same way that women desire to be their man’s highest priority, so do men. Of course, it’s not in the same way. We don’t desire for you to come home with flowers or something like that. We want you to be the same women we feel in love with. Think back to all of the effort that you made while you were dating him. In the same way that he should be making that same effort to be with you, so should you.

            Finally, there are two things that I have to say when it comes to relationships. You are two people who come together as one, but that never means that you are literally one. Men should never be controlling or jealous, but in the same way, neither should women. You can be passionate, but jealousy is a poison that has killed relationships more than any other poison. One final thing to remember is a simple fact. In relationships, you’re either growing closer to one another or you’re growing apart. Make the effort or live to see it end. Live to see yourself alone. Now, I’m not one to preach to anyone about how relationships should be. As a matter of fact, there is still so much that I don’t understand, but I just had some thoughts that I wanted to get out there. We all want to be loved, to feel safe, and to matter. We want to be able to trust, to commit, and to hold someone because without these things, why is life worth living? If I ever had to give any advice to anyone or to myself, I would say that you need to give yourself away every day of your life because if you can’t give away the best of you, then how can you expect someone else to?   

No comments:

Post a Comment