Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wrong Fortunes


   I’ve been working on a new book for a long time, and it’s almost ready for release. Wrong Fortunes has been one of my favorite books to write. I had been writing so much on the Strange Visions books before I wrote this one, and the last Wrong book I wrote was very close to being a prequel. I enjoyed taking that time to write about new characters and tell new stories, but I truly felt at home coming back to some of my old characters. I’ve missed Sam, Lee, and Trish, and they are the most featured characters in this book. I’ll give you the official description of the book real quick, and then I’ll tell you more about what makes this book special and personal to me.
   Wrong Fortunes follows Sam, Lee, and Trish in the days following Markus Boyd’s death. While Sam tries to hide the fact that she’s alive, she finds shelter with two friends who are on their way to Las Vegas. Instead of a relaxing vacation, Lee and Trish will have to deal with a situation that they never anticipated. As the three friends face an unexpected danger, they all have to question what they’re doing. Can Samantha Fisher ever leave spy work behind, or is her past going to follow her forever? For Lee and Trish, it’s simply a question of survival as they face one of the most dangerous situations they have ever been a part of. This installment in the series will shed light on a time period that we’ve been left in the dark on so far, and it will give you a very large indication as to where the series is going. Most of all, it stays true to what this series does best. With plenty of action, romance, and even comedy, it should make for a very entertaining read that sets the stage for so much more.
   That was a very basic way to describe the book, but I want to give you guys a little more. The few people who have read this book have told me that I might use the word normal too much in it, but there’s a reason for that. At its core, this book represents a struggle that we all go through at different points in our lives. We all feel inadequate or like we can’t be the perfect picture of what someone needs or what people expect us to be. We desperately struggle between the voice in our head that is us and the realization that we should try to fit in our own situation and be what the people around us need us to be. That is Sam’s struggle. She’s an ex-CIA agent who is waiting to start her life with the man of her dreams, but there is still a side of her that wants to hold onto her identity. All she’s ever known is order, death, and espionage. How does she fit into his normal world, and should she even try to fit? That’s what she struggles with. I also show a lot of the unanswered questions about Sam’s past and feature Lee and Trish more than they have been in the past. While doing all of that with Sam, Lee, and Trish, I make sure to give the rest of the cast some time, too. Besides, it just wouldn’t be a Wrong book if the others didn’t pop in at least for a cameo. I hope you guys will love the book. It’s number five out of what will be seven, and it sets what is shaping up to be a good sixth book.
   I found the original model that I used for Wrong Place and made a cover featuring her for Fortunes. I hope everyone likes it. I personally love it, and I can’t wait to see Wrong Fortunes on Kindle and in print. Here’s the cover, and thanks for reading, guys. Fortunes will be out on October 25th.



No comments:

Post a Comment