Saturday, October 19, 2013

Guest Blogger Anton Troia!



First off, thank you Mitchel for honoring me and offering to have me as a guest on his blog so I can promote my book.

I've always asked myself questions regarding the state of our civilization on Earth and its technological stagnancy. Sure, we're living in a world connected- plugged in by social media, confused by the blurs between CGI and reality, and of course, we're all linked by our handhelds. However, most of our technological advancement is in the toy department! The combustion engine is dirty and has outlived its usefulness. We have failed to discover some of the universe's physical laws that would help heal our planet, and if the planet can't be healed, then we're kinda screwed because we haven't developed a space program yet that would lead us into far space, and potentially solve our over-population problems.

And so I asked myself. What are the dangers of progress? And what are the dangers of no progress? Are we headed towards something Orwellian? Or something that Gene Roddenberry envisioned with Star Trek over 50 years ago? And most importantly...is humanity progressing or regressing? And why not? Why yes?

The answers to these questions can be speculated upon in my very first and very latest novel, "The Last Overseer" Expect a good blend of science fiction, paranormal horror, dysfunctional romance and the ongoing tug of war between science and ethics. Whilst the novel was written to entertain and be mysterious... it was also designed to make the reader ask themselves- why and what if? What repercussions will the high tech. future of tomorrow have on our ecology? And also, what effects will it have on our psychology, physiology, political system and social structure? These are the questions I try to answer in the Last Overseer, all while wrapping them around with a high octane chase story!
If zombies are your thing, then you'll enjoy this novel for sure. The setting takes place in a very near future, where both zombies and vampires must receive a cure or face imprisonment.

And so- if you do decide to read my novel, do so with caution! Side effects include bouts of intense paranoia due to psychological nudity! As dark as it sounds, I've been told that the book is a fun read overall, and so if you decide to read it, contact me, say hello and tell me what you think of it!

For the official Facebook site of The Last Overseer, click-

https://www.facebook.com/AntonTroia

Offical Website for author Anton Troia-

www.antontroia.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment