Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween!

   Halloween is coming up, and I’m very excited about it. Most people don’t know this about me, but Halloween is my favorite holiday. It’s not about the candy or even the element of horror that comes with the day. For me, Halloween is the perfect holiday for totally different reasons. On Christmas, you have to go to a bunch of different locations and buy an insane amount of gifts. Sure, you probably want to buy gifts for the people you care about, but do you really want to buy a gift for what’s-his-name’s new baby? I don’t. On Valentine’s Day, if you don’t have someone special, it absolutely sucks, and honestly, even if you have someone special, it seems like a useless holiday. You should be showing someone that you love them year round and not on one day a year. Then there are the many other holidays that I won’t get into. The point is that we’re all forced to do things we don’t want to do on every holiday, and we’re supposed to smile about it. Well, guess what? Halloween is the one holiday that none of that applies. Do you want to go out and party like it’s your last night on earth? There will be plenty of places to do that. Maybe you want to simply sit at home and consume more candy than you’ve eaten over the last month. That’s acceptable, too. Even vandalism is perfectly acceptable on this one night. It’s the one night that you can literally do anything short of killing someone and get away with it, or decide to do nothing at all. You see, Halloween has no expectations like Christmas or Valentine’s Day, and because of that, it can never be anything but a pleasant surprise.
   I haven’t exactly figured out what I want to do on Halloween yet, but I know one thing. It won’t involve buying gifts for people I don’t even know, and it definitely won’t involve pretending to love some girl I just met . . . well . . . unless she’s incredibly attractive. Then I can make an exception. It’s just going to be an awesome day and an even better night.

No comments:

Post a Comment