Friday, March 28, 2014

Wrong End Release Day

   It’s finally that day. Wrong End was released today, and this marks the end of a project that started back in January of 2013. It’s odd to say it, but the Wrong series is finished. It has been my greatest joy to write in this series and tell these characters’ stories. Truthfully, I don’t really know how I feel today. It’s a happy day because a lot of hard work is finally over, and I get to rest for a while. At the same time, it’s kind of sad. I had grown so attached to the Wrong series that it was probably a little unhealthy, but no more. Nathan and Sam’s story has a definite ending in this final installment. I don’t know what everyone will think of the ending, but I can say with confidence that the series ended exactly how it should have. This was my favorite installment, and it was easily the one I was most invested in. In fact, I left a lot of pieces of myself in this final book. Let’s talk about happier things now, though.
    I have some more books I’m working on. I don’t exactly think either of them will be coming out anytime soon, and when I have one of them perfect, I’m going to submit it to a publisher. The other one will serve as something for all the people who support me. It can take months to even hear back from publishers, and sometimes you have to approach dozens of them to find the right fit, so I’m going to put one foot in the door in the publishing world and keep one out. You see, I kind of like publishing things on my own. In that situation, I get to be the boss. What I think should stay in the books, stays in, and what I want to cut, gets cut. It won’t be able to be that way with a publisher, so I’m keeping at least one more project for myself and all of the people out there who enjoy eBooks. Still, even if I love the freedom of self-publishing, I want to take a shot on trying to get at least one out there to a bigger market.
   All right, now that I’ve let you guys know what’s going on, I want to say something else. Wrong Place is the first book in the series. If you haven’t checked the series out, you should start now. There are seven wonderful books out there for you to enjoy back to back. I’m so proud of this series for exactly what it is. It isn’t perfect, and it doesn’t follow any certain style. It’s simply an original idea that if given the chance can make you connect with characters unlike any that you’ve ever seen in a book, or at least that’s what they did for me. I hope you all like Wrong End.

No comments:

Post a Comment