Sunday, March 9, 2014

Publishing

   Today I wanted to talk to you guys about something that’s coming up rather soon. I’m going to be releasing the final Wrong book on March 28th, and I’ll be revealing the cover and other information about it soon. It was a lot of fun to write, and it only has a few things left to be done to it. I’m hoping that you’ll all love it as much as I do. It’s a very good end for what has been a great series.
   Here’s the main thing I wanted to talk to everyone about, though. After this series is over, I’m going to be in uncharted waters for a while. I haven’t released anything that isn’t attached to Wrong or Strange Visions yet. I think I have an excellent book written that will be as good as the things I’ve done in the past and maybe even a little better, but here’s the thing. I don’t know what I want to do with it. I was thinking about trying to shop it out to some major publishers for a while. If I do that, it could be a while before I release another book. It usually takes a long while to hear back from a publisher after you submit your work, and many great writers have been turned down dozens of times before finally finding someone who took notice of how great what they were doing really was. I don’t want to leave any of you guys hanging for a long time, though, so I’m thinking about shopping that one out and simultaneously writing an original title to release for everyone who has supported me over the last few months. Who knows, though? Maybe I’m overestimating my new book. I think it’s good enough to be published by a major publisher, but I guess we’ll see. I think I have to at least take a shot at it before I release it on my own, and if I were ever going to take a shot at trying to get one of the bigger names in publishing to notice me, I think this new book would be the way to go.
   That brings up a new question, though. If I’m going to be working on a brand new project while I shop that one out, what do you guys want to read about? I know what I like to write about, but I’m always interested to hear what readers think. I want to challenge myself to write about new things, so I’m pretty much open to anything within reason. If you don’t mind, leave a suggestion. I would love to have some input. J 

No comments:

Post a Comment