Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back To Blogging


  I haven’t blogged for a very long time, and I’m sorry to anyone who is used to checking in on me on here. I’ve been swamped for the last few weeks. I went back through all the books in the “Wrong” series and did another edit on them, and then I uploaded them to create space so they could be in paperback. It’s now available through them or Amazon. In between doing that, I wrote a new book and a fourth of another one. As you can see, I’ve been swamped. I have missed blogging about random things, though. Sometimes you can forget what it’s like to just write to write. On here, I’m not selling my thoughts or trying to word what I say in a way that some other person may want to hear my words. I’m simply being me, and that’s something that I’ve missed being able to be lately.
  So in the spirit of being me, I’m going to tell you all about what’s been going on with me since the last time I updated you. Besides working, I’ve been rejoicing in the fact that football is back. Yes, I know that the NFL isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but it certainly brings a lot of joy to my life. I’ve also been gathering a lot of ideas on how to end both of my series. I actually wrote the ending to the Strange Visions series a few days ago. Yes, I admit that I might have wanted to tear up a little. If I had, they would have been manly tears, though. It’s strange that I was so sad about ending something that has lasted for five books. Many series never last that long, and yes, I could have kept writing more books, but I didn’t want to stretch it until everyone including myself was bored with the story line. I released the fourth book in the Strange Visions series yesterday, and I’m hoping to have the last book edited and ready to go sooner or later, but I don’t want to commit to a date just yet. The Wrong series is going to end in a more drawn out way, but for anyone who read Wrong Regrets, you know that there were practically three potential stories that could come out of that book. There will be three more books in that series, and I’m going to end the whole thing with a bang in January . . . or at least that’s when I think I’ll be done with everything. Don’t hold me to that. I’ve been told that I work faster than I probably should. In fact, throwing out dates has been known to make me feel more than a little panicked. As for everything else, I’ve just been learning a lot, and I don’t just mean about books. I’m learning who I want to be in the future, or more accurately, who I don’t want to be. I see people everyday who settle for less than they deserve. I have settled for that my whole life, and quite frankly, I’m tired of it. I’m going to start expecting more out of myself and out of the people around me. I deserve more. Maybe that statement sounds a little selfish, but I don’t mean it that way. I just have a strong belief that we should all be valued by the people in our lives or we should find new people to be in our lives. At the same time, we should treasure those who value us, and give them even more than they deserve. That’s what I want in my future. I have a feeling that I’m probably going to have less friends if I start cutting people out of my life who are selfish and egotistical, but that’s all right. Even if I only find one true friend and one woman to love at the end of all of this, that would be enough. Most people never realize it, but they don’t even find that. We don’t find true friends and great spouses because we settle for less than we deserve. Sometimes it can be the opposite. We can be that person forsaking the very person who does value us. The last few weeks have taught me one thing, and that is that I don’t want to be either of those people. Life isn’t perfect, and relationships aren’t perfect, but I’ll find who I’m looking for, or I won’t find anyone at all because if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that nothing is worse than pretending like you have the people you need in your life when the truth is that it feels like a part of your soul is missing.
  Sorry if I bummed anyone out at the end there. I just wanted everyone to know that I’m going to be changing a lot over the next few weeks and to know that I’m going to be blogging again. I probably won’t put something up everyday, but it definitely won’t take weeks for me to update anymore. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment