Sunday, September 22, 2013

Update


   Hey, I thought that I would update and tell you guys what’s going on in my world. I just finished writing a very rough version of the sixth and next to last Wrong book. I don’t have a name for it yet, but I really like how it ended. It sets things up for a very epic finale. Besides that, I’m thinking about going on a little trip. I’ve been looking at different cruises, and I know that I need to get away for at least a week. The last few weeks have been stressful, but work is finally starting to slow down. I want to make sure that Wrong Fortunes is ready to go before I go anywhere, so it will probably be October before I can leave, but I’m really looking forward to going somewhere where there are no cellphones and that I can leave my laptop at home. I love my writing, but it’s going to be really nice to take a break and reenergize myself. I also have to admit that having some alone time to just do what I want is going to be great. Will I meet a really attractive woman and have the most relaxing week of my life? Well, in my head, at this moment, that’s how I picture it, but who am I kidding? I’ll probably just enjoy the all-inclusive food and bar a little too much and come back ten pounds heavier. All the dieting when I get back will be worth it, though. The strange thing about me going somewhere now that I’m ending the Wrong series is that I feel like I’m avoiding finishing something that has to end sooner or later. I’ve just grown so attached to Nathan and Sam and all the rest of the characters that I hate to write one word of the final book. I know exactly how it’s all going to end, but once I start on it, that’s it. Their universe is officially coming to a close for me. Does that sound a little mental when you’re talking about imaginary people? I’m sure it does, but I’m going to miss those guys. I’ve already got an idea for how I’m going to move forward after the series is done, and I might even have a side project brewing right now, but before I do any of that, I want to rest and try to get motivated to end this.
   There was one more thing I wanted to tell everyone. Friday night I went to see a movie called Prisoners with Hugh Jackman. I didn’t have any idea what it was about, but I needed to get out of the house, and I had heard that it was the type of movie that makes you think, so I gave it a shot. If you’re looking for a good suspense or mystery style movie, I would suggest seeing it. It’s not necessarily for the squeamish or for children, but it definitely takes you down a good mental journey. This writer would give it a five out of five, if he were that kind of writer.
   Anyway, I’m going to get off of here and go watch the Packers play. I hope you all have a great Sunday, and thanks for reading. I should have a cover to debut for Wrong Fortunes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment