Thursday, September 19, 2013

Children


  I just wanted to update everyone on what I’ve been doing as far as writing goes and maybe share a few off the wall thoughts. I’ve been working really hard to get Wrong Fortunes ready. I’m really excited to get this book out there. It’s set during the time that Sam is supposedly dead and Lee and Trish are in Las Vegas. I felt like I was going back to my comfort zone when I wrote this book, and I don’t know if others will think that is a good thing or not, but it was certainly a lot of fun to write. In fact, I had more fun writing that book than I have in a long time. I literally put every idea on the table and explored all sorts of ideas that I had in the past. I never had a map in my mind of where things were going. Somehow the book just ended up at a destination that I really liked. I’m writing on the sixth and second to last book in the Wrong series now. I’m putting a lot of effort into editing as I go, so I’m hoping that my release timeframe can be quick, but who knows? I’m fifty-seven thousand words in right now, and this story is a little out of my comfort zone, but it’s been interesting to write it, nonetheless. In this book, Nathan and Sam have two children, and as I’m sure you all know, kids change everything. Nathan and Sam react differently in situations, and the way they love each other is even different. It’s not a better or worse type of love. It’s just different. It’s strange writing from that perspective. I’ve really enjoyed writing about a couple with children, and I didn’t expect that at all. In fact, I’ve always been the type of guy who couldn’t picture myself with children, but after writing about two people who love each other and share something that is incredibly pure, I don’t think it would be such a bad thing. As a matter of fact, I think I’m really looking forward to that part of my life. It’s a different kind of way to write, and I think it’s a different kind of love between two people after they have kids. Some people aren’t ready for kids, and they can surprisingly feel a twinge of jealousy over the fact that their partner has to put their baby first. Many people can take this to mean that their relationship is weakening, and they worry about it until they resent the fact that they even have a child. They miss what’s really amazing about their situation. They get to share a part of themselves with someone else, and that’s amazing. That child is half of them and half of the person they love. Everything they love about their partner, they see in their child in a way. I never thought I would look at things that way, but I can’t wait for the day that I find someone I don’t feel like I can live without and we bring a person into the world that is everything I love about her and more. I know this was kind of a long rant about children, and I don’t want to give anyone the wrong idea. I don’t want a child right now, but I just find it amazing how writing one book can change your entire perspective on everything. I hope that with every book I grow as a person, and I hope that I get the chance to bring someone into this world that I can’t live without. Will I be scared? Sure, but I’m now convinced that nothing is as beautiful as living for someone who is a part of you and the person you love more than anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment