Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Divide

   I want to formally announce my newest book. It’s called the Divide, and it’s an action-adventure book set in a dystopian world. I never thought I would write a novel like this. It was a challenge for me at first, but once I got to know Alex, Sarah, and Jake a little, it was easy. I have to say that this was one of my favorite books to write because of how different it was. I’ve always loved my other stories, but I needed a change of pace back when I wrote this. The Divide served as something darker at a time in my life where I was going through some things that I didn’t think I could overcome. As my characters found hope, so did I. In a way, The Divide was therapy for me. I was able to work through all of the hard things in my life by watching these characters overcome a world and lives that were almost unlivable.
   Now that I’ve told you how much this project meant to me, I want to give you a short description of it.
    The Divide’s story takes place in a nearly unlivable world. After Earth faces the biggest disaster in human history, classes become separated by those fortunate enough to find shelter from the fallout and those who have to face their harsh reality head-on. When Alex and Sarah meet for a routine mission, all of that changes, however. Two people from totally different worlds who have always been feet apart begin to see exactly what things are really like for those on the other side. Throughout their journey, more challenges than they could possibly imagine will present themselves, but by the end of it, everything will change for them all. With themes of disaster, human trafficking, loss, complete desperation, and a love that could never be, The Divide makes for a very serious journey that can seem hopeless at times, but by the time you’re done reading, you’ll be glad you visited a dystopian world that’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
   The description doesn’t give away much because if I said much more, I would ruin a lot of great things about it. I hope you’ll all give it a shot on May 27th when it comes out. I’m really confident in this one. It blew me away, and I think you’ll love it, too. Here’s a picture announcing the release date. I’m probably going to be using this image as the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment