Sunday, May 18, 2014

Offer

   If you’ve been following me over the last few months, you know that I’ve been house hunting and thinking about building a home. I have an update on that front. I found a house I liked yesterday. It’s not perfect, but it has everything I want in it. I can see myself living there for a long time, if not my whole life. It’s the type of house that if I have a family in the future, there will be plenty of room for everyone. It’s a three bedroom, and there is some unfinished space upstairs that I would immediately start on.
   Here’s the real news. I didn’t just see a house. I put an offer in. Now, an offer doesn’t mean anything. They might not accept, or they might counter offer with something I simply can’t do, but I’m hopeful that this is all going to end up good. I don’t know if anyone else can relate to this, but it’s my whole reason for buying this house. Most men in their mid-twenties who are single would live in an apartment or have a small place, but I’m ready for the life that most people have. I want a house, a wife, and kids. I want it all soon, too. Life doesn’t always give us what we want, though, so I started thinking - what can I do to get myself one step closer to the life I want? I came up with a house. Most people find the girl, get a starter home, have a baby, realize that they need a bigger home, and then live in their family sized home. I’ve always done everything backward. I write differently and learn different. That hasn’t worked out too bad for me either. I guess I just thought that it might be a good idea to do this in the reverse order, too. I mean, wouldn’t it be great to have that family ready home in the beginning? I think it might make the future easier. I know what I’m doing with my life - no matter how things turn out with this house. I’m going to have a great home eventually, and I’m determined to find someone who wants to share a really amazing life with me. That’s what I feel like I’m building, and no, a house doesn’t give you that. Doing what you love and only surrounding yourself with people who lift you up gives you that peace. That’s what I’m doing now, and pretty soon I’m going to have a place for myself that anyone should be proud of. That feels good, but more than that, it makes me know I can achieve my goals. I made a new year’s resolution to write a book in 2013. I’ve written thirteen so far. At the beginning of 2014 I made a promise that I would have a house of my own by the end of the year. I will, too. After that, there’s only one more thing I want, and it’s simple. I want to share a life with someone who is still as passionate about life as I am. So here’s to 2016. If 2013 was the year of books for me, and 2014 is all about houses, then it stands to reason that I’m going to be finding someone to share my life with in 2015. I think we’ll know each other by 2016. I don’t know why I think that, but sometimes you just know things. Books were a way to let emotions out of me. A quiet man who never shared anything with the world had to let everything out, and the Wrong and Strange Visions series allowed me to share so many things with people from all over the world. I still share with people as often as I can. This house is about investing in my future and the idea of a future family. It just seems to me that if I can write thirteen books and find the home I want to be in for the rest of my life in such a short amount of time that finding someone shouldn’t be any harder.
   Anyway, I didn’t mean to get too long-winded there, but here’s what you need to know. My dreams are slowly coming together. Once I stopped dreaming about millions of dollars or the perfect person, I was able to concentrate on what was really important to me. I want three things in my life. They’re expression, security, and most importantly, love. After that, everything else is icing on the cake. I would advise everyone who’s struggling like I was back in 2012 to take a step back. Examine what you really want out of life, and then pick the easiest one to do. Slowly check each goal off as you go. By the end of it, you might just find that life is a lot more bearable than it used to be. I’m about half way to the end of my goals. I know I’ll set many more in the future, but I think I’ll always look back at these years as the ones that defined me. A purpose, a place, and a great love. That’s all I want out of life. I’ve found one, I’m closing in on the second, and after that, someone is going to be very lucky to be with a person who will love every part of them. So here’s me saying it. I like 2014 Mitch. No version of me has ever been able to say that, but I like who I am today. I think I’m going to like 2016 Mitch that much more, though. I can’t wait to see what the future holds. When I started this blog, I named it Finding My Niche. I’m still finding it. I’ve found where I belong in some areas, and I can’t wait to see what I’ve been able to blog about books, houses, and the love of my life. Every day can be better than the last, if you just take a peek at what could be just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment