Thursday, July 18, 2013

Me



   I just thought I would tell everyone a little more about myself today. As a child, I was homeschooled, and I think that I got a fairly good education. Being at home for extended amounts of time also gave me time to concentrate on other things. I started writing off the wall things when I was fourteen. I wrote poems and even a script. Honestly, the script was terrible, but it was mine. Being alone gave me some time to really get inside my own head, and I think that’s a big part of why I developed a love for writing. I also think that being homeschooled gave me an opportunity to focus on subjects that meant a little more to me. In some ways, that was a good thing, and in others, it was a bad thing. I never quite learned as much as I should have about geometry, but I became an expert in English and psychology. I got to really focus on what I wanted to matter and not on what some group of people had decided should be important to me. I think that a lot of people thought I wasn’t getting the education I needed, but I did just fine in a good college. As a matter of fact, I excelled. There are some areas that I’ve never quite excelled at, however. I’ve never had the most friends, and I’ve never gone on the most dates. I also have an irrational fear of talking in front of large groups of people. I do pride myself on a few things in those areas, though. I am a good friend, and I don’t need to have the most friends to feel okay. I just need to have a few good friends. I also think that I’m a good boyfriend. I’m not good at playing dating games or at impressing people with exaggerated stories and lies, but I am good at loving a woman the way she deserves to be loved. I’m still looking for my other half, but I’m confident that I’ll find her very soon. As for the talking in large crowds thing, I’m not sure what’s wrong with me. I guess that’s something that I’ll just have to get over. I love video games, movies, and music more than just about anything. I like anything that can make me think or that tells a story. I’ve been called too fat and too skinny in my lifetime. I’ve learned one thing about weight in life. No matter what you weigh, there’s someone who’s going to think that you’re ugly. You should just weigh whatever you’re comfortable weighing and be happy. As far as politics go, I have a strong belief that I never want to talk to people about them. People get crazy about that stuff. I’m addicted to chocolate and Dr. Pepper. If I didn’t suffer from low blood sugar, I would probably be a diabetic by now! I’ve never been much of a critic. There has to be something seriously wrong with what I’m reading or watching for me to hate it, and even then, I don’t feel the need to start a campaign against it. I’m also the type of person that gets really excited about things. I’m that guy who shows up at midnight and irritates the workers at Wal-Mart anytime something new comes out that I’m into. I desperately miss sitcoms. Yes, we still have them, but so much of television is reality shows, which is fine. I just have enough reality in my own life. Sometimes I just want to laugh and enjoy something completely different than what I know. I have two loving parents, and sometimes we all make each other crazy in my family, but we love each other. I’m a Christian. My faith has shaped everything that I’ve done. I’m nowhere near perfect, and I even have doubts from time to time, but as crazy as it sounds, I can feel God, and I know that He has a plan for me. I almost never drink because I used to drink too much. Finally, I’m in love with what I’m currently doing. It makes me crazy sometimes, and there are even times when I want to take everything down and quit, but being able to be a part of the worlds of Nathan and Sam and Trent and Ally has been more fun than anything I’ve ever done.
   So I’ve told you a few things about me. There are probably a million other things I could also say, but a blog should only be so long. If anyone out there would like to get to know me better, contact me on Facebook. I could always use some more friends. Hopefully in a year, I’ll be writing something about an entirely different book series, and I’ll have met the love of my life. I can’t wait for a year from now, but at the same time, there’s so much work to be done now. I’m looking forward to all the work, and even more than that, I’m looking forward to getting to know more of my author friends, readers, and just plain friends who make life worth living.    

No comments:

Post a Comment