Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wrong Place Preview

I thought I would post some snippets from my books in celebration of Wrong Missions release. This one is from Wrong Place. If you haven’t already checked out the Wrong Series, I hope the prologue will tempt you into checking it out. Look forward to more updates and previews throughout the day.
I found myself rushing desperately toward room 112, hoping that I wasn’t too late. How could I have possibly left her there alone, I wondered. There was really no time to debate the right or wrong of my decision now. I had to act. Not that I knew what I was going to do when I got there. Just a few weeks ago, I was only a normal guy. My biggest worry then was how to dodge phone calls from my odd friend Michael and what to tell my family I was doing with my life in order to get them off my back. Now I was in a life or death situation, and I feared that I was ill-equipped to handle it.
I could see the deep red light of the motel sign ahead. I rushed into the parking lot and started making my way as fast as I possibly could to the room. As I walked, I pulled a small handgun from the waistband of my jeans. God, I hate these things, but here goes, I thought. Once I was outside the room, I took a deep breath and tightened my grip on the gun, a gun so small it would likely only be laughed at by this intruder. I put my hand on the doorknob and slowly opened the door. There, in the darkness, I could see her. She was tied to a chair, and a rather large man was standing behind her pressing a gun to her head. All I could think was, “Oh, my God, Sam!” It was at that moment that I heard it. A shot rang out, echoing into the furthest reaches of my mind. Shocked, all I could do was stand there staring in disbelief at what had just happened, and in almost the same moment, I felt a pain in the back of my head. Then there was nothing.
www.amazon.com/dp/B00DE6GP24

No comments:

Post a Comment