Sunday, January 19, 2014

Book News

   I thought it might be a good idea to update everyone on what I’ve been doing as far as books are concerned. I’m still hard at work on making Wrong Mission the best book it can be. The truth is that it’s done. I’ve gone through it frontward and backward, but I want it to be as close to perfect as possible, so I’m still nitpicking some last minute things.
   There’s a lot more going on than just Wrong Mission, though. I’m going back through Wrong Place and redoing it. I was very inexperienced when I wrote my first book, and there are a few errors in it, as well as a few things that I would have said differently. I also thought it might be a good idea to add a few words to the book. There were some moments where I thought I could have expanded a little more on the characters’ thoughts, and that’s just what I’ve been doing. It’s been fun to go back to the first story I ever wrote and see it through different eyes. I know Nathan and Sam so much better than I did back then, so when I finish redoing this book, I know that it will be better than it was before. That’s not the only reason I’m redoing Wrong Place, though. I plan to redo the first three Wrong books and eventually release all of them in a box set. The first three literally pick up where the last one leaves off, so it just makes sense to do a box set of them. It might take a while to do that because I have so many other things going on, but I’m really looking forward to packaging them together.
   Besides that, I’m working on getting the final Wrong book ready for release. I can’t tell you guys too much about it because it would spoil a lot of Wrong Mission, but I think it’s coming along nicely. There is another project I’m working on. It’s an untitled book that is set roughly fifty years in the future, and no, there are no flying cars. The world looks far different than you may expect in this book. I don’t really know what I would qualify it as. It has some sci-fi elements, but it mainly concentrates on developing great characters while still presenting non-stop action. The first half of the book is probably the most action filled few chapters of a book that I’ve ever written. I can’t wait for you guys to meet my main character in this book. His name is Alex.
   Outside of editing books, I’m also writing an entirely different book in my spare time . . . not that I have much of it. This book is a spy novel. I know what you’re thinking. Yes, I’m just finishing up with a series focused on spies, but this book is a lot different than the Wrong Series. I thought it might be fun to go back to my comfort zone when it came to writing a new book.
   I think I have an outline of what I want to do in the future when it comes to writing. I want to write one book that is really outside of my comfort zone and then write one that is familiar to me. In a way, that’s what I’ve already been doing. I told myself that I would never write anything to do with psychics or to do with a futuristic world. One of my new books is very futuristic, and the Strange Visions Series is all about a young man I never thought I would grow to feel so comfortable writing about.
   There are so many other things that I could tell you guys about that I’m going to be working on in the future, but I’ll leave some things to the imagination. Thanks for reading, and I hope that you’ll check out my books if you haven’t already.

http://www.amazon.com/author/mitchelgrace  

No comments:

Post a Comment