Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wrong Life Preview

This is the end of a chapter in Wrong Life. At the time, I had no idea how they were going to get out of that house, but it was certainly interesting to find out.
“A truck full of people just pulled up, and they don’t look like ours. Jess and Burt are trying to barricade the doors right now, but we’re going to need a way to defend ourselves.”
Robert quickly led Michael to the gun cabinet. It was full of hunting rifles.
“Well, I guarantee you that they’re working with a little better weaponry, but you have to make do with what you have, I guess,” Michael said while loading a shotgun and then handing Robert a gun of his own.
Once the two men had gathered the weapons and passed them out to everyone, Michael motioned for everyone to be quiet. Footsteps could be heard outside, but they didn’t seem to be exclusive to one location.
“I think they’re surrounding the house,” Jess whispered.
“I think that all of you should go hide somewhere. I’ll take care of this,” Michael said.
No one budged, though. They weren’t about to leave Michael alone. As they sat there waiting for an intruder to burst through the door, an odd smell began to fill the air that was followed by the sight of smoke. The men had surrounded the outside of the house. Not for some tactical approach, but instead because they were setting it on fire at all angles.
“What do we do now?” Kate asked.
Michael just stood there frozen. They couldn’t go outside because they would be killed, but they certainly couldn’t stay in the house either.
“I don’t know,” Michael finally said with a lost look in his eyes.
“I’ve got an idea, but I don’t know if it’ll work,” Robert said.
“I’m open to any suggestion at this point,” Michael said.
“All right. Everyone come with me.”
As they started to follow Robert, Michael feared for the worst. Are we really going to burn to death, Michael wondered.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00DEI4GIC

No comments:

Post a Comment