Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wrong Mission Announcement


   Today I’m announcing everything about my new book, Wrong Mission. It has taken me a while to get Wrong Mission exactly where I want it. It’s actually been written since back in October, but I’ve been editing tirelessly and trying to make it the best it can be. Have I probably picked it apart too much? Yes, but I’m hoping that everyone will read this book and think it’s the best one yet. Here’s the description of Wrong Mission.
Wrong Mission is set four years after the events of Wrong Fortunes. When Michael and Jess mysteriously show up at Nathan and Sam’s door for a supposed visit, it quickly becomes apparent that something much bigger is going on. As time passes, they will discover Michael and Jess’s true mission in Hawaii, and one last thing from Sam’s past will come back to haunt her. Oddly enough, a new mission is exactly what she and Nathan may need at that point in their lives. In this installment, the series shifts to a more action oriented book than in the past while still putting a large effort into focusing on the relationships between its characters. Wrong Mission is the beginning of the end, and when it’s all over, Nathan and Sam will be left with a choice that truly defines their entire future.
            I loved every minute of writing this book. It has many ups and downs full of action and romance, but that’s not what makes it special to me. I loved seeing how it ended and knowing that this one sets up a definite ending for a story that has been so great for me to be able to write. I would love to share more with you guys, but that might be a little difficult. Normally, I would share the cover with you, but I’m going to do something special over on my Facebook page. I have 7 potential covers lined up, and I’m going to let the readers vote on which ones they like the best, so I don’t have a concrete cover right now. I can share one important detail with you, however. Wrong Mission will be released on January, 28th. I’m so excited for the 28th to come, and I hope you are, too. Just for fun, I’ll leave a little teaser from the prologue of the book below. Thanks for reading, and I’ll have more for you soon. 
Just then, they heard footsteps on the front porch, and then they heard a loud bang on the door as it splintered open.
       “This is it, Nathan! We have to go all out if we’re going to have any chance of getting out of here,” Sam said as she rose up from their hiding spot and picked off the first man coming through the door. Nathan quickly pulled her down into cover again. Just as he did, bullets covered the wall behind them. It was obvious that their enemies were using automatic weapons. Nathan and Sam didn’t stand a chance.
       “What are you doing, Nathan? We have to do what we can to buy Michael and Jess some time,” Sam said.
       “We’re outnumbered and outgunned. We don’t have a choice but to give up.”
       “No, that’s not . . .” she said before Nathan cut her off.
       “Trust me, Sam.”
She hesitantly nodded. Sam knew that he was right. They didn’t stand a chance in this situation, but she feared that these men might not be the merciful types.
       “We’re laying down our weapons, and I’m about to stand and give up. Please, don’t shoot,” Nathan said.
He slowly got to his feet and made sure to keep his hands visible at all times. That’s when Sam heard the worst possible thing. A shot cried out, and Nathan fell to the floor. She couldn’t immediately tell, but it looked like Nathan Grey was dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment