Saturday, February 22, 2014

Updates and Goals

   It’s been a little while since I updated everyone, so I thought I would today. I have updated Wrong Place and Wrong Time, and you should all get an update from Amazon at some point in the future. Wrong Life is being redone as we speak. Whenever I get done updating all three, I’m going to mash them together to make a box set at some point. I think I’m going to redo all of my books to polish them a little more. It’s going to take some time, but I’ll get it done sooner or later.
   Outside of re-mastering things, I’m doing one other important thing. I’m getting Wrong End ready for release. I don’t know if that’s going to be the book’s permanent title, but it might be. I still need to get a cover ready for it and get my final description out there. It will be out soon. You should look forward to seeing it in late March. I could probably rush it and get it out in early March, but I want the final book to be as close to perfect as possible.
   Besides that, I’ve been going over the book that could potentially come after the last Wrong. It won’t be related in any way to Wrong or Strange Visions, and I’m pretty sure that it won’t ever have a sequel, but I think the book has a lot of potential. It’s certainly not going to be for everyone, but it’s just the type of thing that I love to write. It’s different in every way from what I’ve done in the past, but yet, I didn’t forget the things I’ve learned from writing those books. I have another that I've written, but I haven’t even read back through it yet, so I’m not sure how people will receive it or even if I’m going to be able to use it. I suspect that it will be good, but you never know until you run back through things and really go over it with a fine-toothed comb.
   Now, on to something that isn’t book related. I’ve been thinking about getting a house of my own. At first, I thought I might build it, and I still may do that, but I’ve found a house that I think I might like. I’ll be going to see it in the next few days, and if I like it as much as I think I will, I should know if I can get it for my price before the end of the month. Truthfully, I’m hoping that things work out in this situation, but I’m not rushing it. I want to find a house that I can picture myself in for a very long time, and I want it to be in a good price range. That can take time to find, and this is one area that I’m not willing to settle in. I’m just going to keep my fingers crossed that I can find what I’m looking for sooner rather than later.
   Those aren’t the only things going on, however. I have some personal goals that I want to achieve in the future, too. I’ve been thinking about going back to school. I was thinking about going to college to be a surgical tech. It takes two years to complete at my local community college, but I already have a year’s worth of the courses done from when I went to college before. It would only take a year, and I know what you’re probably thinking. Could I write if I were going to school? The answer is yes. I have about four months worth of material written already, so I think I can keep up for a year. I’ve always been good at multitasking, and I know that I’ll be able to manage both. I’m not one hundred percent sure if I’ll be going back to college, and I still have some time to think about it. Writing will always be my number one priority, but I still have so many things I want to do. I think a second career might be fun. There’s one more goal I have, and honestly, I don’t know how I’m going to do it with so little time, but I’m going to try. I want to start learning different languages. I think I want to start with Japanese. I’ve always felt a need to learn new things, but not necessarily in a classroom setting. For someone like me, it would be pretty fun to take a little time every day to try to learn one of the most challenging languages on the planet. Sure, I’ll probably sound like an idiot to anyone who actually speaks Japanese. (*Tries to picture Japanese with a southern accent :)*) I still want to learn it, though. I’ve always wanted to visit Japan, so maybe I’ll actually be able to communicate one day when I do.
   All right, this drug on a little longer than I wanted it to. Now, you guys know about everything that’s going on and will be, so I’m going to start working on getting some of those things done. I’ll start by finishing my editing. (I’m so sick of editing!) I really hope you all enjoy the new versions of the books and love the ending to Wrong.
   In case you want to check out any of my books, there are links at the top right of my blog. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment