Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Ideal Woman

Today, I wanted to talk about something that men don’t talk about enough. Women often talk about their ideal man, but men rarely discuss who the perfect woman for them would be, so I’m going to tell everyone exactly that. I can’t comment on what other men are looking for, but I can tell you this. I’m probably not looking for the same thing.
The first thing I always look for in a woman is respect. Now, you might think that’s odd. Most people might not even know what I mean by respect. Am I saying that I want her to respect me, authority figures, or God? No, I’m not. It would be nice if she had a healthy respect for God because He is a major part of my life, but I’m talking about the respect she has for herself. All too often, I see women who are wearing an outfit that is obviously only there to get a man’s attention. You know the type of outfit I’m talking about – the one that comes with a miniskirt that’s about three inches too short and a shirt that hangs entirely too low. Now, don’t get me wrong, ladies. If you have a beautiful body, I can appreciate that, but what else do you have? When I see a woman who wears something that’s only there to get attention, it makes me think that she doesn’t respect herself, and no, not because of some outdated reasons that our parents taught us. It makes me think that because she didn’t think she could get a guy’s attention by just being her. Nothing is more attractive than meeting a woman who has enough respect for herself to know that she can wow me without shoving her sexuality in my face as soon as we meet.
The second thing that attracts me to a woman is something that I hope is big, and no, it’s not a boob. It’s her brain. Nothing is better than talking to a woman who knows her stuff. If you find a smart girl, she’ll not only be knowledgeable about the things you’re talking about, but she’ll also have a certain wit that can make any conversation a little better than normal. She’s the type of girl who actually likes learning new things and hearing different points of view. If you meet her, you should probably never let her go because it’s so much easier to talk to her. Almost any subject is on the table with this type of woman.     
The third thing that attracts me to a woman is someone I know can live without me. Now, I know that might sound odd to some of you hopeless romantics who want someone that lives and breaths for you, but trust me, if you ever find someone clingy enough that their entire existence revolves around you, you’ll rethink that. I want a woman who loves me but who also knows that she can live without me. This is the type of woman who’s not going to let you get away with treating her in a way that is any less than she deserves. If you take the same attitude with her, you can be in for a great relationship. There’s nothing better than two people who can do their own thing but choose to form a life together.
The last thing that I’m going to name is kind of a big one, and it’s probably a bit traditional for some people, but it’s important to me. I want to know that the woman I’m with has the potential to be incredibly caring and selfless. I don’t want to know that for my benefit. I want to know it so I can be sure that if we ever have kids she’ll be a wonderful mom. I’ve often struggled with the thought of myself being a dad, but I know in my heart that if I ever am, that kid will become my world. I want the person I end up with to have that potential to make a kid their world. I want them to be able to put their child before themselves and me.
All right, enough relationship talk. I just thought I would throw some things that I’ve been thinking about out there. It’s getting harder and harder to find people who are capable of respect, love, and independence in this world, so I don’t know if I’ll ever find someone who fits the bill, but I’m still looking, and that’s probably never going to change. I won’t settle, and hopefully, that patience will pay off in the form of someone who at least respects themselves and is capable of a type of love that goes unnoticed too often. Thanks for reading another one of my blogs, and I hope you all find the person you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment