Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Living Your Dreams


   Dreams are a strange thing. People often think of dreams as unattainable goals that we can never accomplish. At other times, people think of them as something we have in the night. I think of them as something that I experience every day with eyes wide open. My dream is to be able to do something with the daydreams that have always been rolling around in my head. I want to hold on to every good thought and put it into something that can take me to a greater place. I also want to see those thoughts entertain people and at times, help people through difficult times in their life. You see, my dreams aren’t a wish. They’re a longing that I’m actively pursuing at almost every moment. We all have wishes that we don’t think can be real, and sometimes that might even be true, but you never know until you try. I’ve also learned something else through my experience. NOTHING comes all at once. No one ever picked up a pen or a guitar and was instantly rich and famous. As a matter fact, most people who have made a name for themselves through writing have spent years trying to build their name up and get better at their craft. It can be work to constantly pursue something when you don’t know where it’s going to lead you. Will you end up at your desired destination, or will all the effort only lead you back to the same place that you already are? That’s a question that I’ve found myself asking a lot lately, but it’s not the thing that I should be concentrating on. I’m doing what I love, and maybe that’s going to lead somewhere. I believe that it is anyway. It’s already led to more than I could hope for at this point, so I should be ecstatic.
   I guess what I’m writing this about is to give other people and even myself some advice about something that I should have realized much sooner in my life. Only pursue the things and people worth pursuing to you. Always have high standards and expectations for yourself and everyone around you, but let those be long-term expectations. Anything good takes time to be recognized, and even really good needs time to become great. Most of all, when you’re living your dream, LIVE IT! Don’t look back to the past or to the future. Just see the moment that’s right in front of you. Tomorrow will either be great or terrible, but don’t ever miss the journey to that day.
   Thanks for listening again, guys, and remember that it’s never too late or too early to pursue the most important thing to you. We weren’t made to drone through this world doing things that we hate. We were made to work at things that we love and to be with the people who we truly care about. Life isn’t always that simple, but it can be when you realize that the main person keeping you from living every day as it could be your last is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment