Monday, November 25, 2013

3 Things You Can’t Buy With Money


   I thought that I would do a random list today, and this subject seems interesting to me. The first thing I want to talk about is love.
   You can never make someone love you, no matter how much you spend. Sure, a large bank account can land you a supermodel wife or husband, but no matter how much you spend, they probably won’t ever love you. In the same way, your friend’s love can’t be bought. A good friend is someone who wants to be around you when you’re too broke to go out at all. Great Christmas presents won’t buy your children’s love either. It’s actually strange how much we equate gifts with love when they’re so useless in expressing what true love really is.
   The second thing that money can’t buy is happiness. This is something that I know from experience. I’ve gone through ups and downs throughout my life. I’ve turned to better clothes, entertainment, food, and in general, I’ve thrown more money at the problem than most people, but none of it ever got me out of whatever metaphorical pit that I was in. No, I’m not going to say something lame like that true happiness comes from within because that’s absolutely ridiculous. I think that true happiness comes from the people we spend our time with. It doesn’t matter what we’re doing or if money is even involved. All that matters is that we have the people in our life who make life worth living. Until you find those people, your life will always feel somewhat empty.
   The last thing is a big one. Money will never give you a clear conscience. Many people tithe or give large portions of their money to charity, and that’s a really great thing. Unfortunately, trying to help others with the wrong intentions does you absolutely no good. We’ve all been in the situation I’m talking about. We’ve done something terrible that eats away at us, so we start trying to make up for it by throwing a little cash to a worthy cause. Somehow we think that brings us redemption. Unfortunately, it never does. Actions will always trump a handout. If you’ve wronged someone, going to them and getting everything out in the open is the beginning to clearing your conscience, or at least that’s my experience.
   Now, you may ask, why the list? The truth is that I’m a little bored right now. I’ve been editing so much on Strange Visions: The Storm that I haven’t had a chance to write a new word for two days. That’s kind of starting to drive me a little crazy, so I thought I would write some little random thing for my blog. Money has always been an interesting thing to me because it’s so important to so many people, and yet it can’t actually give us the things that we desire most.
   I’ll have an update on the new book soon. For now, just know that my editing is going well. I’m 95% done with the book, but I’m just trying to go over it a lot to make sure that everything is like it should be. This is the last book, after all. I think that Trent and Ally deserve a perfect sendoff. Thanks for reading, and look forward to reading the best and final Strange Visions book soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment