Sunday, August 11, 2013

Stress and Laughter


  I just got back from vacation recently, and I feel much more energized. I’ve also made some decisions about my own life. I’ve been really stressed lately, and it’s taken a toll on me. I’ve even seen it reflected in my writing at times, which has led to much more editing than I would like. I’m going to relax more, and I’m certainly going to laugh much more. I’ve grown to think that we all need to strive for two things. One is to do what gives us joy as much as possible, and the other is to avoid anything that brings stress into our lives. I’m going to enjoy my writing, and I’m going to enjoy my family. Most importantly, I’m going to enjoy the healthiest thing that a person can. I’m going to laugh because sometimes when you can’t take anymore, all you can do is laugh. I’ve noticed that when I flip over to #Comedy Central or find something to laugh and joke about with the people that I love then everything else seems much smaller. All of my problems suddenly seem like they’re manageable. We always go through life and take everything so seriously, but at the end of the day, life isn’t about being in an office or living up to some imagined expectation. It’s about living everyday the way that you want to live it. Laugh a little each day, and spend your days with the people who love you because you’ll never get that day back, and sooner or later you’ll wish that you lived that day only for the easy things. I’ve always heard that you get out of life what you put into it from people who worked and worried a lot. I think that’s true when you’re talking about the career world, but I also think that those people have missed the point when it comes to life. I’m never going to waste my time by writing books only based on what I think people will want to read. I’m going to write books the way that I love to write them and hope that some other people will enjoy them, too. And I’ll never waste my time around people who I don’t want to be around. I’ll spend my days around people who lift me up instead of bringing me down. Life’s too short not to do what you know in your heart is right, so do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment