Friday, August 8, 2014

Updates On My Life

   From time to time, I like to let everyone in on what’s going on with me and my projects, so here goes.
   First, my closing date on my new home is today. I know to some people it might be ordinary to buy a home, but for me it’s a big deal. It’s my first house, and I like it. I don’t see any reason why it couldn’t be my last one. I honestly never thought this day would come, though. Throughout this process, closing has been delayed a couple of times for reasons beyond my control. It’s okay, though. I’m about to have my dream home in a great location.
   The second thing I want to talk about is The Unseen: A Broken Mind. It’s coming out on August 28th, and I’m shaping it up right now. The main thing I’ve had to do is cut unnecessary material. It’s well edited, but there are a few more last minute details to attend to. The Unseen will be similar in length to Wrong Place. (Slightly longer) In this one, I went for quality over quantity, and I think I achieved that. I can’t wait to kick this trilogy off with a bang!
   The second book I want to talk about is Wrong Visions Vol. 2. It certainly doesn’t suffer from a lack of quantity. In fact, since the last time I updated everyone on this project, it has completely changed. I thought it was going to be three short stories and one long one just like in volume one. The first volume was in the 90,000s in word count. This one is going to be around 170,000, or at least that’s where it sits right now. It’s grown because I simply keep adding in new stories and ideas. I expect to be able to shrink it some before it releases in late September but not by much. I’m really proud of this volume, and I think it will give readers a good quality product with plenty to read over and over again.
   Now, for the final book I want to talk to you about. The second Unseen is shaping up nicely. It’s already written, and I think it’s just as good as the first. The two books feel totally different from one another in some ways, but it’s the perfect bridge to a final chapter that brings all the issues from the first and second book together into a finished package. I haven’t finished writing the third and final one yet, but I’ve got a rough map in my mind of how everything’s going to happen.
   After I’m done with the new volume of Wrong Visions, who knows what I’ll do? I might come up with a completely new series to write in, or I might try my hand at writing another single book. I would love to do something similar to The Divide again, and if I ever write another series, I want to do something similar to Strange Visions again. It won’t be about psychics, but I would love to explore younger characters again. I can’t imagine that I won’t ever return to the Wrong Visions series either. I hope that the end of Vol. 2 provides some closure because it could be quite a few months after September until I can even think about writing a 3rd volume. Books aren’t the only things on my mind either. I want to branch out a little and pursue some new things. I’ll tell everyone about that at a later time, though.
   That’s everything that’s going on in my world. I hope to have more updates for you soon and new projects to reveal. I’m going to start work on the final Unseen soon while simultaneously editing on everything that’s already finished, so I’m going to be extremely busy. Still, life could be worse. I do something that I love, and I’m about to have the house I’ve wanted for quite some time. Things are looking up for once, and I can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment