Thursday, July 3, 2014

Moving Along

This blog is about exactly what it sounds like. I made an offer on a house, and it was accepted. I absolutely love this house. It’s almost 2,000 square feet, and it has an in ground pool. It also has a pool house. I can’t wait to share pictures of it with everyone. I couldn’t be happier with it.
   That’s what I really want to talk about. A few weeks ago, I was very disappointed because I made another offer on a house that was literally just down the road. I’m going to be honest. I loved it, but the people who owned it weren’t willing to work with me any. I offered what I felt the place was worth, but that’s all I could do. Then after that, I couldn’t seem to find anything. I had just about given up on looking when we saw this one. It just goes to prove that sometimes doors close so better ones can open. I could have bought a smaller house with no pool or pool house for only a thousand dollars cheaper. It seems like kind of a rip off now that I have this one. Also, this is a four bedroom compared a three bedroom.

   I’m hoping to carry the motivation from getting this house into other areas of my life. I still have a lot of things I want to do. Assuming that something terrible isn’t found on the home inspection, I’m going to concentrate on moving and getting everything set up there over the next couple of weeks, but after that, I’m going to have so many more goals to work on. I know. A lot of people would take a moment to enjoy this, but that’s not in my nature. I still have too many things that need to be done. I want this house to be a starting place. I want it to be the place where my future wife and I live. I want kids, and I want it to be the place where I write my future books. I’ve had a lot of bad luck in many ways in the past, but I think this is a fresh start. In a few weeks, I’ll be working on editing and finding a woman to share my life with. I’m still not satisfied with where I’m at, but a key piece fell into place. I can’t wait to reach a place where I can just live. Goals are great, but there’s going to come a day when I’ve done exactly what I set out to do in writing and I’ve found the most important person in my life. On that day, I’ll be able to stop and take it all in. One year and six months ago I started something. It started with writing, but it was always supposed to finish at one point. I wanted to get things out of me through writing, and I wanted to be financially free. Once I was financially free, I wanted to get a house. Then I was going to find the right person. From there, I would finally just get to live. Slowly but surely, it’s working. I’m getting closer, and I don’t think my goals are going to take ten years, five, or even three to reach. I think they’re in closer reach than I ever thought they were. Here’s to things being the way they should, and here’s to a future with good possibilities for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment