Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fitness

   I wanted to talk about something I’ve never written about before. I used to be obsessed with exercising and living healthy. In fact, I might have been a little too into it. I’ve found myself at the other end of the spectrum lately. Over the last two years, I’ve gained twenty pounds. Now, I know some people in my life would say that I needed to. I appreciate them being nice, but I can feel how my pants fit much snugger, and I know I don’t look the same. I also don’t have as much energy. I used to be able to jog as long as I wanted to. Now . . . not so much. I’m writing this to tell the world about a goal of mine. I want to lose those twenty pounds, and I want to do it fairly quickly. I’ve always been good at doing things when I put my mind to it, but I usually don’t put my mind to it until I tell someone what I’m planning to do, so here you go. I’m telling the world that Mitchel Grace is going to lose twenty pounds.
   You might ask what this has to do with books or my normal blogging subjects. It has nothing to do with books, but it’s definitely in the same category as everything else in this blog. I named this blog Finding My Niche for a reason. Most people said work at the bank. I wrote instead. Then people said everyone settles eventually. So what if you don’t think you can love someone like her? It’s time to settle down. I’m still waiting for someone who doesn’t make me feel like I’m settling because she’s exactly who I was meant to be with. People say now that I can’t afford to lose any weight. The word anorexic has even been thrown around. I’m openly saying that I like to be lighter. I feel better, and my athletic ability is off the charts when I’m in the 150s. That’s part of who I want to be. I want to be a writer who finds a person who is flawed but perfect for him, and I want my body filled with things that make it feel better and not worse. I want to know that I have the strength to defend myself from anyone and the stamina to run a marathon. I just added another goal to a long list of goals, but more than that, I found a place to stand. Most women like broad, and most men seem to respect someone who is slightly bigger. Here’s the thing, though, that’s not what I like or who I am. I’m going to start being who I am more in every area of life. Writing was the first area I found myself in. The control over my body and how I view it instead of allowing others to control that will be the second thing. That’s what I would want to tell anyone reading this more than anything. What you see when you look in the mirror is the most important thing. It doesn’t matter if someone says you’re too fat or skinny. The person you see just has to be okay with one person, and that’s you. I can apply that to every area of life. Stand for what you believe in, and be the person you feel like on the inside in front of the world. I know I will be from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment