Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Future Plans

   I wanted to tell everyone about something in my personal life today. I’ve been seriously considering doing something big lately. I’ve been thinking about building a house. If you know me, I know what you’re thinking. You probably have this image of me attempting to build a house and it ending up being shaped like a shoe or something, but don’t fear. I would be paying someone to do most of the work and only doing the very easy stuff myself. I’ve never been the best person with a hammer, but I can do some of the basic things.
   I’m thinking about building a house somewhere between 1,800 and 2,300 square feet. I’m still single, and that’s a lot of space for one person, but I started thinking earlier this year, and I want to have everything major in my life squared away when I do meet the right woman. I want to have our house built and our children’s bedrooms already there. Now all of that could backfire if I end up single for life. Who wants to be a lonely guy in a house all alone? I don’t plan on letting that happen, though. So far, that part of my life just hasn’t come together yet, and if it’s going to take time to find the right person to spend my life with, then why shouldn’t I start squaring away the things I can control?

   I’ve got to be honest, I’m only writing about this because I’m really excited about the future. How awesome would it be to own your own home before you were even twenty-six? I want that for myself, and more than that, I want it for my future wife and children. If I have all of the financial things squared away before I even meet her, then we’ll never have to fall into the pit trap of arguing about money. I want to give my future family everything that they deserve and truthfully, give myself something that I’ve wanted for a very long time. This is the start of something, and I’m very excited about that. I have some designs in mind for the layout of the house, but I won’t bore anyone with that. I’ll just leave you guys with this. Thank you for caring about what’s going on in my life and for making my newest book, Strange Visions: The Storm, a very big success. I’m looking forward to letting you all in on the next Wrong book soon and to posting some pictures of my house as it’s built. I won’t be starting on it until it starts to warm up some, but I’m definitely looking forward to breaking ground. I’ll post some news on my new projects very soon. Thanks again, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment