Friday, March 31, 2017

The Gift

I am very happy to announce that my newest book is finished. It is titled Strange Visions: The Gift. Yes, I’m reviving the Strange Visions series, though I think it will probably only be for one book. This one is for all the people who supported me from the beginning and loved Trent and Ally’s stories.
Now, I should probably tell you what it’s about. There was always a time gap between the first and second Strange Visions books. Trent and Ally were in high school during The Beginning, and by the time Yesterday’s Sins began they were in college. There are a few months that we never got to see of their lives, and that is where The Gift starts. It’s a story about time and relationships that is filled with action and one all-important mystery that will change everything about how you look at the Strange Visions universe.
You’re probably wondering why I came back to this series after so long. The answer is simple. I missed the characters. I knew if I came back to it that it couldn’t be for more short stories or a side book, however. It had to be about something that mattered. These characters deserved that much, so I thought about what this story should be for a long time, and an idea finally came to me that fit so well that I knew I had to write it.
In this installment, the cast grows narrower, so I’m able to concentrate only on Trent, Ally, and Dan for most of the story, and I believe it serves the story well. There are also more revealing factors throughout the book that better explain the origins of Trent’s gift and why it works the way it does. To put it simply, The Gift ties up loose ends, but it’s also so much more. I think it might actually be my favorite Strange Visions, and I wish I could say more, but I might spoil the plot if I did.
Strange Visions: The Gift will be released on April 15th. I will put up a link to the preorder option at the bottom of the page, as well as a picture of the cover. I hope everyone likes it. This was a project that gave me so much joy and was a great reminder of why I love to write. I can’t wait to share Trent and Ally’s world with you once again!


No comments:

Post a Comment