Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Blah

It’s been a while since I wrote a blog, so I want to start by telling everyone what’s been going on with me. I haven’t written for so long because I’ve been busy and a bit overwhelmed with a lot of other things. I’ve been working very diligently to get a new book out along with writing a lot of new material that has proved to be extremely challenging. That’s not really what has bogged me down, though. My mind isn’t working as sharp as it once was, and I don’t feel motivated. No, I’m not talking about to write new books. I’m talking about the everyday life part. I don’t go out, I haven’t made a new friend in months, and I feel like I’m in desperate need of a change. I don’t want to turn into a shut-in, but there’s a problem. I don’t know what to do about it. Now, I know what you’re thinking. This isn’t your problem. Why would I think you wanted to know it? The truth is you might not, but this is me reintroducing myself to everyone. I’m a little less sure of myself on a lot of levels right now, but I’m still fighting through a mountain of problems and things that should have left me in a puddle of depression. Maybe sometimes all we can do is keep moving into what seems like the dark of night until we find the sun, or at least that’s my plan. I’m going to keep moving forward, and I have a few things I think might help me along the way.
The first is that I want to eat better, and no, not to lose weight. I’ve just noticed that junk food, while tasty, leaves me feeling sluggish the next day. Even worse, most junk food doesn’t agree with a person with ulcers. I think making some changes in my diet might make me see the world in a whole new way because I’ll feel good.
Secondly, I want to write out of my comfort zone for a while. As a writer, you can get bogged down in the same kind of stories until it becomes second nature to such a degree that you feel like you could write the stories in your sleep. At first, it’s an extraordinary feeling to be able to write your story as quickly as you can type, but after a while, you want something that actually makes you slow down and think. I want that challenge again, and I think I can find it by exploring what might be some out there ideas for me, but then again, they could end up being the best things I’ve written.
Third, I want to find a way to get out of my house more. I know. It’s as easy as getting into your car, but you have to be in my shoes to understand. There aren’t exactly a lot of things to do where I live. You can go to Wal-Mart, the movies, or you can head up to Memphis and hit the bars. Now, if junk food doesn’t go well with a person who has ulcers, then imagine how alcohol does. I feel a little stuck in place in that area, and I’m not quite sure how I’m going to fix things, but I know I have to.
Finally, I want to restore my relationship with God. No, I didn’t stop believing at any point, but I kind of took some time off from really feeling anything to do with God. It became head knowledge, and over the last couple of months, I learned even more about the Bible and the many misinterpretations about God, but it was all just knowledge. It was like knowing everything about your spouse but not feeling anything at all about them. I don’t want studying God to be like studying a math book anymore. I want a real relationship with ups and downs but never a state of blah. I hate blah.

Well, that’s my plan, and this is my first blog of 2016. It’s hard to believe it’s been so long since I started this blog. Since the beginning, I’ve written 21 books, bought a house, lost irreplaceable people, and discovered exactly how capable I really am. I’ve been in some deep holes, and I’ve dug my way out every time. I think I can do it again. Thanks for reading as always. My next blog should have some information about my newest project and an indication of when you can start reading it. I can’t wait to share it with you. In a way, that’s what these books and this blog are all about - sharing. There are little pieces of me scattered on every page of those books and of these words. My readers have helped me grow in confidence and as a person through all the failures and successes that have come with these last 3 years. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment