Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Destiny Entry 3

   The next blog in this Destiny series is about something that we all know a thing or two about, but I didn’t really know as much as I thought until a few days before I started writing this book. This is about passion, and no, not like the kind of passion you have for your favorite NFL team. This one is about when you have a burning passion for someone else. Now, I know what that sounds like. It probably sounds like I’m talking about sex, and that’s definitely a factor in passion, but there’s so much more to it. Before I was writing this, I went out on a date with a girl. I had just got out of a…well . . . something. I’m not clear if it was a relationship or not . . . Anyway, the new girl I went out with was incredibly beautiful. As a matter of fact, she was the prettiest girl I’ve ever been out with. There was one problem, though. Nothing clicked. I acknowledge that she was gorgeous, but I wasn’t attracted to her at all. Until then, I had thought of passion as a more physical thing. I, like most guys, really paid attention to how someone looked. I’m not knocking that even now, but here I was with the prettiest girl in the room, and I didn’t want to be there. I didn’t want to kiss her, talk to her, or anything else. That experience went into how I wrote the next few chapters of Destiny.
   Eric and Olivia are very passionate about each other as they grow up, and that extends to a lot of areas. They find each other attractive in a physical way, but it’s so much more than that. I made these characters’ relationship in the way that I felt it could be filled with the most passion, but that didn’t involve Eric developing into a muscular man or Olivia looking like a supermodel. It involved their lives being so intertwined that they were a part of each other. Eric would do anything for her, and she would do anything for him. Notice how I said they would do anything for each other, and that wasn’t contingent on anything. That’s what passion is. It’s doing anything to make the person you love smile. It’s them being the first person you think of in the mornings and the last person who crosses your mind as you fall asleep. It’s letting them be the motivation for your actions. For my people who think of passion as a sexual thing, it is sometimes. I’ll admit that with no problems, but let me ask you something. What person would you rather be with: the person who’s very passionate about having sex with you, or the person who’s actions are completely dictated by what makes you happy and brings you pleasure? I know what my answer is. If a person is passionate enough about you that most of their actions revolve around bringing you happiness, then they’re going to be your best friend, most romantic date ever, and I can guarantee you that the passion in the bedroom will take a much deeper and romantic tone. When you find two people who are truly passionate about each other in this way, you get pure fireworks. That’s what I want, and that’s how I wrote these characters. I want someone I can put all of myself into making laugh, loving, and pleasing, and I want them to be just as into me as I am into them. To me, that’s what real passion is. It’s not about how you look or even sex. It’s about the connection that makes us want to do anything we can to make another person feel as happy as we can.

   These chapters of Destiny are about deep kisses and realizing that you love every part of someone unconditionally. It’s about flames that might burn out but can never be rivaled or forgotten. For me, they’re a reminder to never let a moment pass by that you could be showing a person you’re passionate about how much they mean to you. We often forget what love and passion are. They’re not about pleasure. They’re about giving away yourself to someone so they can experience all the joy, love, and ecstasy they’ve already given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment