Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Wrong Visions Vol. 3

   I want to tell everyone a little about the final Wrong Visions today. I originally started these collections of short stories as a private thing for myself. I wasn’t ready to let go of the Wrong and Strange Visions characters, so I wrote these, but I quickly found out that some people still wanted to see a little more out of them, too. This is the end of the short stories, though. It was a difficult thing to write because of that. You don’t always know how to say goodbye to your favorite characters or if you’re even doing them justice. After editing and reading these final stories back, I’m confident that this is exactly the way to end what has been a great joy for me. Let me tell you a little about each story.
   Wrong Direction shows us a slightly older Nathan and Sam. It’s a story about a husband and wife who have gotten lost in all the daily tasks that life throws our way. They feel like a shell of who they used to be, and they make a decision to change that. It serves as a great reintroduction to these characters and sets up all the events of the rest of the volume.
   Wrong Wishes follows Dan Driver as a few of his wishes come true. It was always boring as a police officer, and all he did was write tickets. A murder in their little community changes all of that, and Dan is forced to question what he really wants out of life. It’s a great final story for Dan and Taylor, and it gives a character who hasn’t had enough time at the forefront a stage of his own.
   Strange Visions: A Gift’s End is about Trent. When he loses his gift, he’s forced to question how much of the good things in his life are just a result of his abilities. Can he still be a lawyer and the husband Ally has always known? For that matter, can he even help Robert and Megan anymore? This is Trent’s journey to discovering his true worth, and it’s definitely one worth taking.
   Wrong Time Right Guy is a story from Emma’s perspective. This story is unique to the Wrong series. It’s a teen romance at heart. I’ve wanted to explore the children in this series for a while, and this was a great opportunity to do that. I think this was one of the best entries in the series, and it mirrors the design I used in a future book called Destiny. Emma’s first taste of love is definitely a cute story worth reading.
   Wrong Trip follows all the characters as they get together one last time in an action packed adventure. As Nathan and Sam try to relive their glory days, they might just find that they’re not the people they used to be, and as Trent and Ally try to guide them to the conclusion that they need to stop pursuing danger, they find that a part of them might just miss who they once were. This was a story I loved writing because I got to bring my favorite characters together in a fun and exciting way that gave closure to everyone’s stories.
   Strange Visions: Our Goodbye is my personal goodbye to these characters. As Ally has to say goodbye to old memories and places, we relive what made this series great before letting it go. It’s a moving story, but in typical Strange Visions fashion, it leaves you feeling good by the end.
   Wrong: Just The Beginning is my goodbye to the Wrong gang. When tragedy hits Nathan and Sam’s little community, they have to question just what the future could hold. Is everything coming to an end or is it just the beginning? It’s the perfect goodbye for them and this author.
   Now that you know what the stories are about, I want to tell you a little about what this process was like for me. It was like saying goodbye to my best friends, and I put off doing it for a long time. The last volume of Wrong Visions was released quite a while ago, and there’s a reason for that. I didn’t want to start writing this until I knew I could truly leave it behind. I’ve found a new niche in writing romance and sci-fi. I’ll tell you more about those projects later, but I’m ready. I’m sure I’ll come back to the spy and detective genres sooner or later, but I’m excited for what’s to come. I’ll always be coming up with little stories about these characters, but it’s time to let the other stories I’ve got rolling around in my head see the light of day. I hope you’ll all read this last volume. Regardless, the Wrong Visions series has helped me personally so much. It’s been great going back to these characters, and I truly hope you’ve all enjoyed it as much as me.

   I’ll have more news soon about what I’m working on, new releases, and just off the wall things I think about. Things are looking up for me now. I’ve got a new book coming out, two really great projects that are almost finished, and another that’s starting to come together. I love creating so much. I hope I get to do this forever. Thanks for reading. You guys are the only reason I ever got to do it in the first place. Here’s to you and everyone who makes our dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment