Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Next Few Weeks



   I thought it might be a good idea to update everyone on what I’m doing. The Unseen: Watchers has been a great success so far. Thanks to all who have bought it, and I hope you’re enjoying it. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be working on several projects, though, so The Unseen is far from the last you’ll hear from me. Currently, I’m working on three things simultaneously. The first involves the final volume of Wrong Visions. I finished writing the final story today, and I’ve got to say I love how it turned out. Part of the stories are edited, but others aren’t edited at all, so over the next few weeks, I, and the people who help me out, are going to be editing like mad so we can share these stories with you very soon.
   The second thing I’m working on is The Divide: Origins. It’s a prequel to The Divide, but if you haven’t read the first one, I wouldn’t worry very much. This new installment is set roughly fifty years before the events of the original book, so it’s a totally new set of characters and circumstances. The original Divide was set in a world that had fallen apart many years before, and this one will be showing the disaster that led to everything. I’m about halfway through with writing it, and I think it might be even better than the first one. I can’t wait to share more about it with you. It’s a project that I’ve been thinking about doing since I wrote the first Divide, but because of other things I had to do, it’s taken this long to get it rolling.
   The final thing I’m working on is a book called Destiny. Some of you already know about it, but for those who don’t, I’ll give you a little insight into the project. It’s a romance book that follows two people throughout their lives. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever done, and I think that’s a good thing. I had to challenge myself on this one, and I didn’t know how it would come out, but the result is something I’m truly proud of. I can say without a doubt that this book is the best I have done so far and possibly the best I can do. I loved writing this story. It’s written and edited, but I’m looking at other mediums to put it out there with. That’s not to say that I won’t release it on Kindle in a few months, but I’m considering all options. Even though this book is ready for release, it will probably be the last one out of these three that sees the light of day. It’s the type of story that I want to be promoted right, and to do that, I’m going to need to consult with people who are much more intelligent when it comes to marketing than I am.
   Now, you might be thinking that it sounds like I’m just doing a ton of work. After all, who works on three books at one time? Even I feel exhausted by just the thought of it sometimes, but I’ve learned to take it one step at a time. I do a little every day, and it’s not really all work. I love writing these stories, and on March 28th, I’m going to be meeting with some likeminded people at my old school. Northwest Mississippi Community College is holding their second annual Author Rodeo Roundup. No, if you attend, you will not be witnessing me falling off a bull. That’s just the name. Several local authors will be sitting at tables and selling/signing their books. It’s going to be a good way for me to network and more importantly, meet some of the people who care about what I do. I would love to see you there. I’ll be giving away free bookmarks at the event, and I’ll sign any books you might have of mine. They tell me that I might have to speak, too . . . we’ll see about that . . . (I’m a very nervous public speaker.)
   So that’s what’s going on in my world. I’m super busy, and I’m doing what I love. I believe in all three of my projects, and I can’t wait to share all of them with you, especially Destiny. Thanks for reading, and look for more updates soon. I should have release dates set for Wrong Visions Vol. 3 and The Divide Origins very soon. As for Destiny, a little preview might be in order in the near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment